Difference between revisions of "Service Tiers"
(Created page with "This is where we define the type of experience a user of the will receive. These services tiers control the speed, timeouts, Quality of service. Some of the features are limit...")
Revision as of 16:13, 14 August 2018
This is where we define the type of experience a user of the will receive. These services tiers control the speed, timeouts, Quality of service. Some of the features are limited to specific vendors which support the attributes. We have a table which list these in the help system
- Speed – how fast is a guest allowed to download. Faster for paid services or top tier loyalty members
- Cellular style data volume caps – download 1GB of data then have to buy more
- VLAN – Allocate users to specified vlan to help manage traffic and QoS
- Concurrency & Unique device limits –
- Recurrence – A free package could be created that lasts for 1 hour and is available only once per 24 hours per device. After they have used the free hour they have to select a different available service tier.
- Personal Area Network – This provides an additional option for visitors, the ability to create their own private SSID that’s WPA2 encrypted. Populate 2 additional boxes with SSID name and password and the network will be created at the users location.
- 802.1x Hotspot 2.0 – A user can be taken through and authentication routine and is then asked to install a security certificate on their device. The device is then disconnected from the public SSID and automatically connects to a 802.1x secure SSID.
- Service tiers can be applied to each login method which is added to a portal.