The Assets screen has two primary functions:
- To add a "connected" components, like a Gateway using Mikrotik Managed Mode or a WLC using an API integration.
- To add and manage static network components or devices and view their status. For example Switches, AP's or Circuits and Firewalls.
- One by one: by pressing the ADD ASSET button, fill in a logical name, the MAC address used by the equipment, the vendor (choose from full support for portal support), Time zone and Site tag.
- Optionally you can configure a description and Network identifier (ssid, vlan,...), in case a network identifier is used the system will only accept redirects which contain the same identifier.
- Bulk Import: by pressing the IMPORT ASSETS button, and upload a CSV file containing the logical name and MAC address.
- The first asset usually added to a site is a Gateway using Mikrotik Managed Mode
- can be used to sync WLANs to the network or the managed network configured in the controller dropdown. Make sure to configure the connection details when enabling managed mode or the system will be unable to push the WLAN configuration. WLANs are linked to a network by tags so make sure to assign all tags of a WLAN to the network.
You can add a test AP to simulate client behaviour on the portal page. Add a new network, choose "Captive.net (test AP)" as vendor and configure a random MAC address, on success 2 more buttons will be visible in the general tab.
* Simulate client: after entering the client MAC and IP you will be redirected to the portal page as a real client * Create public link: create a public URL which will automatically redirects you to the portal page with a predefined client MAC and IP. Ideal for demonstration purposes!