The connector is required where a local agent or proxy services are required to deliver features. This typically runs locally on a micro server but can also run from a cloud instance.
Examples of services using the connector are:
- FIAS / Opera PMS
- Radius & 802.1x* with local caching
- Optional Logging Server
* must install bash <(curl -s https://repo-ng.captive.net/gpns)
It can be installed on any standard x86 hardware as a software package on CentOS 7. The recommended route is to use a CentOS 7 Minimal installation and add the package. Other architectures (e.g. ARM) are not yet supported.
It is technically possible to run the connector in a public cloud (e.g. AWS) and tunnel traffic to the local site, but some elements may be adversely affected, such as increased latency for RADIUS and NMS.
For AWS use, a t2.micro instance is typically more than sufficient to perform the necessary tasks for one site.
Notes about suitable configurations of the underlying OS.
Firewall (if required)
Typically, a firewall is not required on the connector itself, since it is already shielded from the Internet by the gateway, and it should sit in a secured network (no direct guest access) given that it is likely to have access to the PMS.
However, if firewall configuration is required, the CentOS 7 standard of
firewalld should be used. The installer for the Connector software will open port 443 using firewalld if it is installed.
The simplest command-set for adding firewall rules is, for example:
~# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=22/tcp ~# firewall-cmd --reload
- Plugin regsitration
- PMS configuration
- Field policies
bash <(curl -s https://repo-ng.captive.net/connector)
[root@localhost ~]# bash <(curl -s https://repo-ng.captive.net/connector)
Welcome to the Captive.net Connector installer
This installer installs all required packages for Captive.net's connector and will provide you basic configuration to get a functional system.
The goal of the initial configuration is to get you up and running quickly and is under no circomstances a replacement for a system administrator that configures and maintains the services or the operating system
The proposed configuration may break or malfunction any existing configuration on the system so DO NOT install this on a production server that is used for other purposes
This installer assumes that this system is freshly installed CENTOS7 MINIMAL
Please enter your instalation key:
- enter the captive.net installation key
Installing Captive.net repository...
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
captive-rpm-repo | 2.9 kB 00:00:00
captive-rpm-repo/primary_db | 17 kB 00:00:01
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
- Now system will install all dependencies for the project
- After installing you'll see the complete and the request to configure the webserver
Do you want to configure the apache webserver for installed packages? (Y/n):
- Press Y to configure the webserver
Https port for (captive-connector) :
- We recommend to keep it on port 433 (just press enter to accept the default)
Web path for (captive-connector) [/connector]: /
- Set the path to/to avoid having to enter/connector on each web request
Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) is enabled.
Enabling SELinux means you need to set proper context for files and folders and write policies to allow proper runtime of the system.
Please enable this if you are familiar with SELinux and are capable to manage the SELinux rules.
Do you want to keep SELinux enabled? (Y/n):
- Press N unless you are capable of configuring selinux
Do you want to configure the firewall for the required ports? (Y/n):
- Press Y, installer will open port 433 to the world
Step 2 - Web Based Login and Licensing
Open a webbrowser and point it to the IP of the newly installed machine (use HTTPS)
- Login using Username: Admin/ Password: Admin
- Go to Settings at the top right
- Go to Connector Settings
- Enter the Captive.net license key, and press save, on success the connector will be licensed to this IP. IMPORTANT, since this IP (or it's URL) will be licensed it's important to use the production IP's or domains. If not, old ones will need to be removed from the license in order to free up licenses for others.
- Configure a new, more secure password
- In case applying the license returns invalid license, please contact Captive support with the URL you are licensing and the license key. Possibly the amount of licensed are used up.
In the PMS configuration, you configure how the system should connect to the PMS.
It could be useful to see how what rooms the connector received from the PMS, or to check why a status is set to deny (e.g. a No post flag set by the PMS).Go to the room list in the main menu on the left side and you will find a list of all check-in rooms the the corresponding guest, you can open the profile and check each parameter received by the PMS.
PMS Debug Log
Depending on how PMS is configured a full PMS debug log can be found under logging.
By populating Notification email addresses here, all triggered alert emails will be sent to these addresses without the need to subscribe to assets individually.